The history of the professional theatre ensemble in Most started on September 30, 1911 when a new secession theatre building was inaugurated. The building was designed by the famous Viennese architect Alexander Graf. In the beginning, the program of the Most scene was German and mainly operas as well as operettas. After the independent Czechoslovak Republic was established, Czech ensembles started to appear in Most regularly. This practice continued until the occupation of the Czech borderlands by German troops in October 1938.
The historical building of the Most theatre was used as late as the end of 1979. In October 1982, the theatre was one of the last in the demolished town, knocked down. The ensemble worked for almost six years in provisory conditions of the cultural centre Máj in the new town of Most.
In 1985, a new theatre building, designed by architect Ivo Klimeš from Ostrava, was opened in Most. The theatre has the shape of an irregular six-angle structure, which has enclosure walls that are fluently interconnected and modelling the mass by a deep relief in the shape of an equilateral triangle. Its auditorium seats five hundred spectators and its stage is equipped with modern stage technology and craftsmanship. In front of the building entrance there is a fountain by Stanislav Hanzík.