The history of the professional theatre ensemble in Most started on September 30, 1911 when a new secession theatre building was inaugurated. The building was designed by the famous Viennese architect Alexander Graf. In the beginning, the program of the Most scene was German and mainly operas as well as operettas. After the independent Czechoslovak Republic was established, Czech ensembles started to appear in Most regularly. This practice continued until the occupation of the Czech borderlands by German troops in October 1938.